Contoh Soal Writing events in the past

Contoh Soal Writing events in the pastWriting events in the past is actually an easy thing to do if you know how to do it well and simply. Just keep in mind that it isn’t different from telling a common story yet the story is non-fictive and based on what really happened on you or others persons that you know. Based on this, there are many components you must mention directly or indirectly in writing events in the past. Here are they: 
• Setting of events or time and place when and where the event takes place 
• Characters. It can be you or and other persons you know
• Plot or chronological order either progressive or flashback
• Point of view, either to use first person (I or we) or third person (He/she/it/they)
Take a look at the examples below:
That was a crowded day when I went to school by bus. I went alone because all my friends already had their buses and I woke up lately. As usual, I was sleepy during the trip but I kept my eyes open to avoid any bad thing happened. However, after paying the bill of the bus, someone touched my shoulder and I felt like so sleepy that I closed my eyes. Later on, when I woke up, I was the only one passenger of the buss and the driver awakens me after the bus arrived at the bus station far away from my school, I got to know that my pocket, hand phone and even my school bag were stolen.
The above description contains minimum requirements of a past even telling. It has setting of time and place, i.e. on the bus in the morning before school hours. It also has character which is a single character, uses progressive order and first person point of view. Another thing you can notice is the usage of simple past tense. All sentences above use simple paste tense because they describe any event in the past.
If you are in a condition to tell and describe any story or event in the past, make sure you mention at least those four components. Make your tenses consistent and firmly showing that the event happened in the past. If you want to show any condition of the present as a result of the past event, for example, don’t forget to change your tenses or mention the time signal so the interlocutor or listener wouldn’t get loss and confused. Mostly, simple past is combined with present perfect to describe an event in past and another completely finished event before the time of speaking
Contoh Soal Writing events in the past

SOAL 1
Question: 
Which one of these is a first person point of view?

SOAL 2
Question: 
Which one of these is a third person point of view?

SOAL 3
Question: 
When will you use any first person point of view?

SOAL 4
Question: 
Which one is the correct sentence to describe an event you have just finished doing?

SOAL 5
Question: 
Which one is the correct sentence to describe an event happening in the past?

SOAL 6
Question: 
Which one if these is NOT a present time signal?

SOAL 7
Question: 
Which one of these is not the main component in writing event in the past?

SOAL 8
Question: 
Which one of these that you shouldn’t do in writing event in past for a class examination?

SOAL 9
Question: 
You want to write a description of an event about your experience in elementary school. Which tenses you will use it at most?

SOAL 10
Question: 
When your language teacher asks you to write any description of event in the past and you want to tell the legend of Banyuwangi name’s origin. Which one of this you would choose as title of your assignment?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel