Contoh Soal How to Respond to Sadness and Pain

Contoh Soal How to Respond to Sadness and PainDon't worry, everything is going to be alright.
                                                         (Bob Marley)

Responding to sadness

When you see people around you look so sad, what will you do? When you see your friends crying, will you ask them why or just ignore them?
Sadness is unpleasant or unhappy feeling about something bad that happens in our life. We have good and bad things in our life. When good things happened, we feel happy; so it is normal to feel sad, when bad things happened to us. When we are sad, we want people to care about us. It is why we need to give our attention to anyone who looks sad around us.
When people telling you about their sadness, you can respond in many ways such as giving a hug, cheering them up, asking them to go out or watch, or something else. However, not all people will tell you the reason why they look so sad.
When you see your friends or relatives look so sad, you can show your care by using these phrases:
Are you alright?
What happened?
What’s going on?
What can I do to help?
Would you like to talk about it?
Is there anything I can do for you?
If they are trying to tell you their problem, you may also use the following short phrases to show that you are listening to them:
Oh no!
Oh dear.
What a pity!
Oh, poor you.
I'm sorry to hear that.
That's horrible.
That's too bad.
To show your care, you can motivate and encourage. You can also relieve their burden by showing sympathy, letting them know that you feel what they feel. There are many expressions that is meant to relieve someone’s burden.
Cheer up!
Lighten up!
Take it easy.
It’ll get better soon.
Don’t worry, you’ll be alright.
I can't believe that. 
I know how you feel.
I'm sorry to hear that.
I’m really sad to know it.
Example:
Kristoff: Hey Anna, are you alright? Why are you crying?
Anna: It’s nothing.
Kristoff: Really? You can always tell me your problems. You know that.
Anna: It’s about my sister, Elsa. She was angry with me, and she left me alone.
Kristoff: Oh, that’s too bad.
Anna: I’m so sad. She is my only family that I have.
Kristoff: Take it easy, Anna. It will get better soon. You will meet your sister again.
Anna: Thank you, Kristoff.

Responding to pain

Pain is a condition of physical suffering caused by diseases or injury. When something or someone hurts you, you may feel so sad or upset. How do you feel if this condition happens to your friends, relatives or others? Will you feel the same? Actually, it is not about we feel the same or not.
When you care of people around you, you may respond to the pain by using these phrases:
It must be really painful.
That’s really bad.
That’s terrible.
Oh, poor you.
It sounds painful.
To show your care about someone’s pain, you can offer suggestion or help by using these expressions
You should see a doctor.
You need a treatment
Take a medicine.
Take some rest.
Should I take you some medicine?
Should I call the doctor?
What can I do to help?
What’s going on?

Contoh Soal How to Respond to Sadness and Pain

The expression to show support and encouragement is ….
Mike: Why are you crying? 
Kim : I just got a news. My grandfather has passed away.
Mike: …. My deepest condolences for your grandfather.
Which phrase is suitable to complete the conversation above? Choose one of the following:....
Winda : It's so disappointing.
Andika : What’s the matter?
Winda : I got 40 for Math. My dad will be angry about it.
Andika : ....
Which is the best response to complete the conversation?
The best phrase to fill the blank is ….
Read the conversation to answer the question.
Akbar: Nisa, My family and I are going to move to Jakarta.
Nissa: Are you serious?
Akbar: I know it must be hard for you. I'm so sorry.
Nissa: I’m so sad. You’re my only best friend that I have .
Akbar: …. I’ll contact you every day.
The phrase that is suitable to complete the conversation is ….
Jill: How was the result?
Lim: Terrible. I didn’t pass the exam.
Jill: …. You still have a chance to follow the exam next year. You must study hard.
Lim: What a relief! Thank you
Which phrase is not suitable to complete the conversation above? Choose one of the following: ....
"Are you alright?"
The expression above aims to....
The following are phrases of responding to pain, except …
Adrian: What’s going on? You look so pale?
Giska: I’ve got stomachache.
Adrian: ....
Which phrase is suitable to complete the conversation? Choose the expression from the following:....
Take it easy.
I can't believe that. 
I’m really sad to know it.
Should I take you some medicine?
Is there anything I can do for you?
Read the following dialogue for question number 9 and 10.
Mia: You look sad. Is there any problem?
Sony: My bike is broken. Someone hit it when I parked it near the shop.
Mia : ….
The following are suitable phrases to complete the conversation above, except ….
Read the following dialogue for question number 9 and 10.
Mia: You look sad. Is there any problem?
Sony: My bike is broken. Someone hit it when I parked it near the shop.
Mia : ….
Based on the conversation in number 9, the word “broken” has closest meaning with ….

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel