Contoh Soal How to Request Politely

Contoh Soal How to Request PolitelyIn a conversation, we sometimes need to make sure that we understand what the speakers are saying. We can have a conversation in various settings, from a quiet and formal job interview to fun friendly casual conversation with our friends. we may have some extraneous sound that can affect our sensitivity in hearing.
To illustrate, it can be easy to ask your friends to repeat themselves when you are discussing the summer holiday in a public cafeteria. However, it may be different for you to ask your professor to repeat what he said when you are discussing the final assignment in your school field where a lot of students are playing. You need to use suitable language to ask someone to repeat delivered talks, explanations, information, or news, so it will make you sound polite and not want to be too casual.
Sometimes, the accent of our speakers also affects our hearing. People come from different cultural background which makes them speak in different accent. If we are not used to talk to people who speak with different accent, we may ask them to repeat themselves. Another reason is because the speakers are mumbling or grumbling. Mumble means speak quietly and unclear. so that the words are difficult to understand & grumble means speak unclear and quite fast because you feel upset or complain about something.
As an English learner, you need to know polite expressions to ask someone to repeat delivered talks, explanations, information, or news. Instead of saying “HUH?”, you`d better ask something politely by using the expressions below:
  • Excuse me?
  • Pardon me?
  • Pardon?
  • I’m sorry?
  • I beg your pardon.
  • I'm sorry. I missed that.
  • I didn't quite get that.
  • Say that again?
  • Come again?
  • I didn’t quite catch that.
  • Could you repeat that?
  • Would you mind repeating that, please
  • Repeat that again, please.


Contoh Soal How to Request Politely



You are at a big party and having a conversation with a friend there. The loud music makes you difficult to listen to your friend. Therefore, you should ….
The following sentences are expressions for asking someone to repeat what she said, except:
The following sentences are expressions for asking someone to repeat what she said, except: ....
Read the dialogue to answer the question.
Andy: Can I talk to Mr. Rich
Bernard:I am afraid he is not here today. Can I take a message?
Andy: Please tell him to call Mr. Alex in 777-687.
Bernard: ....
Andy: It`s 777-687
The correct expression to complete the dialogue above is ….
Read the dialogue below and answer the question.
Maya: Hi, I am Maya. What`s your name?
Arya: I am sorry. I didn`t catch your name.
Maya: My name is Maya.
The underlined expression means .…
Read the dialogue below and answer the question.
Putri : Could you tell me where the post office is?
Deris : Go stright and take the second turning on the left.
Putri : Would you mind repeating that?
Deris : You go along this road and take the second turning on the left.
From the dialogue above, we know that ….
Read the dialogue below and answer the question.
Putri : Could you tell me where the post office is?
Deris : Go stright and take the second turning on the left.
Putri : Would you mind repeating that?
Deris : You go along this road and take the second turning on the left.
The bold expression is used for ....
Read the dialogue below and answer the question.
Putri : Can I have your phone number?
Deris : .....
Putri : Would you mind repeating that?
Deris : Sure, it's 08123-555-9009. You get it?.
Putri : I got it. Thank you.
The blank space is probably Deris saying ....
The correct order of the jumbled dialogue below is ….
1. Andra: You will get 20% discount if you buy it with credit card.
2. Andra: can I help you, sir?
3. Bella: Sorry, I didn`t quite catch that.
4. Andra: Here, sir. It is the new model. You will get 20% discount if you buy it with credit card.
5. Bella: yes, I am looking for a new watch.
From the conversation number 9, the expression for asking someone to repeat is ....

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel