Contoh Soal Responding to Expressions of Love

Contoh Soal Responding to Expressions of LoveLove is an affectionate feeling that everyone has. People are blessed with various feelings that make them different that other God’s creation. One of them is affection (caring) or love. People express love to have a closer relationship or even just to show that they care to others. You may have at least one experience when people expressed their love to you.
In a more universal context, love and affection can be expressed among family members, best friends, neighbours, and fellow human being. In a specific context, such as a romantic relationship, it takes place between couples, such as girlfriend-boyfriend, fiance, and spouses (husband-wife). Talking about a romantic relationship, words are sometimes become some problems if you don’t know how to respond properly.
If one confesses his/her love to you, how will your response be? If the feelings are mutual (meaning that you feel the same as s/he), what will you say? On the other hand, if it is not mutual, and if you wish to decline their expressions of love because you don’t have the same feeling, how will you express it?
Some of you may feel confused when someone is expressing his/her feeling. Here are some phrases you can use to respond an expression of love, which depends on the context.
When someone is expressing the feeling by giving you a card or a present to you, you can respond by saying:
Thank you. 
I appreciate it.
Thank you very much.
You are so very kind to me.
Those expressions above show that you appreciate him/ her. Although, it doesn't mean that you simply have the same feeling. Responses to expressions of love can be divided into: accepting and declining (refusing).
You can give positive response (accepting) to the other person what they mean to you by using these phrases:
I love it.
I do, too.
I’d love too.
I love you, too.
I’m happy to hear that.
While to refuse someone’s feeling or intention, you can use these phrases:
I’m sorry.
I’m sorry I can’t.
I’m sorry I can’t accept it.
I’m happy to hear that, but I’m sorry.
It’s nice of you to say so, but I’m sorry I can’t.

Do you understand?

Here are some examples to enhance your understanding.
Conversation 1
Friend: How about having dinner together, sometime? Will you be my date?
You: I’d love too. Thank you.
Conversation 2
Adrian: I do really miss you, Dina.
Dina : I do, too.
Conversation 3
(Situation: Derry asked Ersya to be his girlfriend, but Ersya doesn’t have the same feeling.)
Derry: I know we know each other for some time now. I’d like to know you better. Would you like to be my girl?
Ersya: I’m happy to hear that, but I’m sorry I can’t. I just want to focus studying for now. Let’s just remain friends and learn each other better.


Contoh Soal Responding to Expressions of Love

  1. The following phrases are the proper response of expressions love, except ….
Choose the phrase that means declining or refusing.
Ana: Don’t leave me, please. I love you.
Diar: ...., but I’m sorry, Ana. I have to go. It is my decision to study abroad. I hope you understand.
The phrase that is proper to response the conversation is ....
Choose a proper expression to respond an expression of love below ....
Rafly : I really like it when you play guitar. I adore you so much.

Fasya: ....
Fasya’s proper respond will be ....
Alvin: I think you can be a great partner for him.
Liza: I’m happy to hear that. But I think ... be his great partner.
Liza is likely to say ....
Andini: Mom, whose bike is it?
Mother: That’s yours, honey.
Andini: Mine? Did you buy it for me?
Mother: Yes, that’s your birthday present.
Andini: Thank you very much, mom. (7).... 
Mother: I love you, too. (8)....
Choose an expression that is suitable to complete the conversation above: ....
Andini: Mom, whose bike is it?
Mother: That’s yours, honey.
Andini: Mine? Did you buy it for me?
Mother: Yes, that’s your birthday present.
Andini: Thank you very much, mom. (7).... 
Mother: I love you, too. (8)....
The response that is suitable to complete the conversation above is ....
Andini: Mom, whose bike is it?
Mother: That’s yours, honey.
Andini: Mine? Did you buy it for me?
Mother: Yes, that’s your birthday present.
Andini: Thank you very much, mom. (7).... 
Mother: I love you, too. (8)....
The mother showed her love to her daughter by ....
“I’m sorry I can’t accept it.”
The refusal expression above have various meanings as follow, except ....

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel