Contoh Soal Grammar Review , Past Simple vs Present Perfect

Contoh Soal Grammar Review , Past Simple vs Present PerfectThe use of Simple Past and Present Perfect is rather strict for people from UK. If you give a past time signal, you have to use Simple Past, but if you don’t use any time signal, then you have to choose if the action finished in the past or still has important consequences in the present.


Contoh Soal Grammar Review , Past Simple vs Present Perfect



SOAL 1

She …. five books so far. (write)

The correct complete sentence is ….

SOAL 2

The baby … an apple last night. (eat)

The correct complete sentence is ….

SOAL 3

They … yet in Surabaya. (not, arrive)

The right sentence is....

SOAL 4

Winda has crashed her car again.

The function of the Present Perfect in the sentence is ….

SOAL 5
Dion: Can you finish your essay tonight? I heard that you lost your laptop.
Aldy: That’s true, but I ... a new one. Don’t worry about that
The correct phrase to complete the dialogue is ….

SOAL 6
Read the following dialogue.
Gian: The Hunger Games was on TV last night. Did you see it?
Boni: No, I …………………….. (1) (fall, asleep)
Gian: Well, you know what? I ……………….. (2) (see) it twice.
Boni: Really? I didn’t know you love that movie.
The correct phrases to complete the dialogue are ….

SOAL 7
Read the following dialogue.
Linda : Have you had you breakfast?
Roy : Yes, I had my breakfast together with the boys.
Linda : What did you think about Billy?
Roy : He’s changed a lot since the last I saw him. He was thin back then.
Linda : And how did you find Gerry? He asked about you yesterday.
Roy : He didn’t join us. He’s been busy recently.
The phrase that does NOT show a finished action is ….

 SOAL 8
Listen to the monologue.
The finished action which still has connection to the present is …

 SOAL 9
Listen to the dialogue.
The statement of finished action is ….

 SOAL 10
Complete the following dialogue.
Riska : Have you seen, Zayn?
Syifa : I think he left about ……………… (1)
Riska : Oh my … Did he ………. (2) something for me?
Syifa : He left a novel on your desk.
Riska : Thank God, I ……………… (3) reading it.
The correct words to complete the dialogue are ….

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel