Contoh Soal Identify appropriate language for expressing opinions

Contoh Soal Identify appropriate language for expressing opinionsJon: I’m taking my girlfriend to Paris. I think it’s the most romantic city in the world.
Jim: I agree, there’s nothing like walking down the riverside in Paris, arm in arm.

The dialogue above has a mixture of facts and opinions. Facts are truths or ideas that do not change depending on who is saying them. “Fire is hot” is a fact, as is “Snow is cold”. If someone said the opposite, they would be wrong.
Opinions are ideas that belong to one or more persons, and it would not be wrong if someone believed the exact opposite. For example: “Red is a beautiful color” is an opinion. Someone can say “I hate red! I think blue is the best color” Neither statement is right or wrong, they are both opinions, and are true for the person who believes them.

Let’s separate the facts from the opinions in Jon and Jim’s dialogue:
Fact: I’m taking my girlfriend to Paris.
Opinions: I think it’s the most romantic city in the world.
I agree, there’s nothing like walking down the riverside in Paris, arm in arm.

Contoh Soal Identify appropriate language for expressing opinions

 SOAL 1
Your uncle says that Elvis was the greatest musician ever! You like Elvis, but you think the Beatles were as great! How will you express this opinion?

SOAL 2
“I beg to differ". What does this statement convey?

SOAL 3
Mrs Bates: Women must be seen, not heard. Stop speaking at once, Emily.
Emily: But mother, I feel strongly about animals, and I must stop Richard from hurting the dog.
Mrs Bates: A lady never lets her opinions come in the way of her conduct!
What can we say about Mrs Bates’ statements?

SOAL 4
Mrs Bates: Women must be seen, not heart. Stop speaking at one, Emily.
Emily: But mother, I feel strongly about animals, and I must stop Richard from hurting the dog.
Mrs Bates: A lady never lets her opinions come in the way of her conduct!
Whose
opinion is it that it’s okay to hurt dogs?

SOAL 5
Mr. Branson: Luke, you have performed quite badly this year, and I’m sorry there’s no bonus for you.
Luke: I disagree. You just don’t want to believe how hard I’ve worked!
Mr Branson: That’s enough, Luke. Please leave my office.
What do you think Luke’s mistake was?

SOAL 6
Your mother has asked you to finish your important homework before you go for a party with your friends. You think she is being unfair, as the homework is not due till next week. How can you tell Mom she's right and still communicate this opinion?

SOAL 7
Your teacher is teaching a class about chemistry, and mentioned that oxygen is a metal. You’re almost sure it’s not. How would you express your opinion?

SOAL 8
“You’re beautiful, Lana,” Mark said. “I love you and I want to marry you!”
Which part(s) of Mark’s speech is/are opinion(s)?

SOAL 9
I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.
Which of these is an “opinion” of the poet?

SOAL 10
Steve: I feel London is the coolest city in the world!
Matt: But Singapore is very multicultural and, New York is much more fun!
Sid: And don’t forget, Los Angeles is the most glamorous, and Miami has fantastic beaches!
The remark about which city is not an opinion?

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel