Contoh Soal Formal vs Informal Announcement

Contoh Soal Formal vs Informal Announcement Have you ever joined school events or competitions? If so, where did you get the information about the events or competition? It is usually from an announcement, isn’t it?
       You can find an announcement on the board magazine or in the OSIS room. The announcement tells you information about what is happening or what will happen. It can also inform about on-going or upcoming events. Announcements at school can also be about class assignments, test scores, or extracurricular activities.
       Outside the school, you can find announcements from a lot of sources, such as magazine, newspaper, or internet, especially social media. Here are samples of announcement.
section-media
       This announcement is about school music festival. From the announcement, we know that the event will be held on February 21st, 2015, 3 p.m. at the school hall. If you want more information, you can contact OSIS secretariat office. This announcement uses casual style because it is simple and it is used between students.
Take a look at the other announcement.
section-media
       This announcement informs about the cancellation of an event. This announcement is more formal. We can see for the language used in the announcement. For serious matters, we better use formal announcement. We also have to consider who the announcement is for. Young people might be more interested in casual style announcement, older people might prefer formal announcement.
       When you see announcements about some events, such as music or movie shows, you sometimes want to ask someone to come to the events. You may also experience someone asking you to come to some events or join competitions and you want to. In this lesson you are going to learn about how to accept invitations or offers.

Do you understand?

Before you learn the phrases, please read the following conversations.
Conversation 1
Vita: Do you know that there will be School Music Festival?
Zaskia: Yes. I have read the announcement.
Vita: Shall we come together? I know you want it too.
Zaskia: All right! Let’s go!
Conversation 2
Mr. Henry: I learn from an announcement that the Education Fair is cancelled.
Ardi : Yes, Sir. I think we should change the plan.
Mr. Henry: Would you like to visit a museum instead?
Ardi : What a delightful idea. I will tell the other students.
The above conversations show how to accept an invitation or offer. There are other phrases you can use in accepting invitations or offers.
Formal situation (to older or respected people)
That’s very kind of you.
What a delightful idea.
With the greatest pleasure.
Certainly. Thank you.
Sure. Thank you very much.
Informal Situation (between friends or people close to you)
I would/will ….
Sure. Why not?
I’d love to.
OK (if you say so)
All right (then)
Yes, please.
That sounds great/ like a good idea.
That would be (lovely/fun/awesome/…..


Contoh Soal Formal vs Informal Announcement

Raihan: There will be a swimming competition next month. Would you like to join?
Jaka: .... I’ve been practicing a lot.
The correct words to complete the conversation is ....
Wina : I heard will the school be off tomorrow.
Naya : That’s right. There will be teacher’s meeting.
Wina : How about go cycling tomorrow?
Naya : ....
Wina : OK. See you tomorrow.
The right phrase to fill in the blank is ....
Dion : I saw Gilang’s name on the writing completion winner announcement.
Hendi : We should congratulate him.
Dion : What about visiting his house after school?
Hendi : ....
Dion : All right then. I’ll see you after school.
Hendi is likely to say ....
Mr. James : I read that you are getting married.
Ronald : That’s right, Sir. Would you care to join us for dinner at my house tonight?
Mr. James : Sure. ....
The words which do not suit the dialogue is ....
Mega : I am sorry I can’t come to your house after school.
Kinanti : Why?
Mega : I just read the announcement that the Arts assignment should be submitted tomorrow.
Kinanti : Do you want me to help?
Mega : Yes, please. It would be very helpful.
The underlined words can be replaced by ....
Teacher : Your last Math score is not satisfying enough.
Galih : Yes, Sir. I hope there I can take another test to make up my score.
Teacher : Would you like to join extra class? I hope it helps.
Galih : ....
Teacher : Good. You can join the class on the next meeting.
The following phrases can fill in the blank except ....
The following text is for question no 7 and 8
section-media
Dinda : I am very excited to see the dance competition final.
Wenda : I think you should come with us. Endah and I will go.
Dinda : That would be awesome (7) .Three is better than alone. What time is the final?
Wenda : That is still not fixed. I need to go to the OSIS room to make sure.
Dinda : No, you don’t. Let me ask Ganin. I think she knows.
Wenda : OK, if you say so (8) . Tell me later.
Dinda : All right.
The expression no (7) means ....

The following text is for question no 7 and 8
section-media
Dinda : I am very excited to see the dance competition final.
Wenda : I think you should come with us. Endah and I will go.
Dinda : That would be awesome (7) .Three is better than alone. What time is the final?
Wenda : That is still not fixed. I need to go to the OSIS room to make sure.
Dinda : No, you don’t. Let me ask Ganin. I think she knows.
Wenda : OK, if you say so (8) . Tell me later.
Dinda : All right.
Read the underlined expression number 8. Choose the meaning that doesn’t suit the expression:
Please arrange the pictures below into a good announcement.
section-media
Mr. Harris: There will be a movie night this Saturday. (a) Would you like to come?
Mr. Gunawan: (b) I have an appointment. We should not miss the film. I read the review, and it’s a very good one. Let’s invite others to join us.
Mr. Harris: Alright! We should hurry then. The seats are limited.
Mr. Gunawan: (c) Would you like me to book the seats?
Mr. Harris: (d) What a delightful idea. I don’t want to miss it. Thank you.
Mr. Gunawan: (e) It’s my pleasure.
The underlined expression that doesn’t suit the conversation is ....

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel