Contoh Soal Expressing Annoyance (Formally and Informally)

Contoh Soal Expressing Annoyance (Formally and Informally)In this topic, you will learn how to express annoyance formally and informally. Read the following explanation carefully.

Expressing Annoyance

What do you feel when someone accidentally pour coffee to your new shirt or step on your new shoes? What do you feel when someone interrupts you in the middle of your speech? You must feel annoyed, don`t you? In every day’s life you often find impolite people or those who make mistakes unintentionally to you. Being in this situation, you usually feel annoyed or upset.
It is important to keep in mind, though, that no matter how upset you are, you cant just express your annoyance as you want. Stay in control and avoid being rude. You need to express it appropriately by looking at the situations and who you are talking to, so that you wont find yourself irritate other people.
Annoyance is an unpleasant feeling that may lead to anger and frustration. Its not a bad emotion if you dont express it aggressively. The term ‘bad’ here means destructive. Expressing annoyance in a good way will show other people your true feeling and give them chance to apologize and change their behavior. In other situations, proper expression of annoyance can serve as a way to remind and warn others about the unpleasant actions, treatments, service, etc.

Expressing annoyance in formal situation:

In expressing annoyance, you should consider the timing and who you are talking to. In formal situations, you can use the following expressions of annoyance.
• I’m getting very irritated.
• I’m a little irritated 
• I’m really disappointed
• I’m getting very annoyed
• I’m very annoyed.
• I’m extremely displeased with …
• … is extremely irritating.
• I’m extremely unhappy about this.
• It really bothers me.
When can we use those expressions? Possible situations that you encounter are: 
* Feeling annoyed for somebody’s words, behavior, actions, in formal situations such as in a meeting, conference, or speaking to people you respect. 
* Feeling annoyed for a bad service when staying at the hotel, or eating out at the restaurant.
* Feeling annoyed to people older than you, of those who you respect.

Expressing annoyance in informal situation:

The followings are some expressions you can use to express your annoyance informally. You can use them to talk to your close friends or people you know quite well.
• Oh, no!
• Oh, dear!
• What a nuisance!
• It makes me mad.
• For goodness sake!
• For heavens sake!
• I cant believe it. 
• I can`t take it.
• It really gets on my nerves.
• I can’t stand it anymore.
• It drives me crazy.
When do we use the above expressions? Informal expressions are suitable for more casual situations. We usually speak in casual manners to close friends and siblings. It is very important to remember, although you have a close relationship with someone older than you, it doesn’t mean that you can express your annoyance casually. Showing respect is a must!

Contoh Soal Expressing Annoyance (Formally and Informally)

When your friend forgets to return your books she borrows, and you have reminded her to bring them many times, what do you feel?
Choose the right feeling here:
We can`t express our annoyance aggressively because ….
You will feel annoyed in the following situations, except ….
The example of expression of annoyance is: ….
“For heaven`s sake! Can you do it a little better?”
You can use the expression of annoyance above to talk to ….
Read the following dialogue:
Ella : What happened Joe? You look so upset.
Joe : This is the third time I’ve sent them an email but they said that they haven`t 
received anything from me. I’m extremely displeased with this situation.
Read the following dialogue.
Robert : I am sorry but I am afraid I have to cancel our meeting again this time.
John : This is the second time this week you’ve cancelled our meeting. I’m really 
disappointed because I’ve been looking forward to cooperating with you in this project and I’m unhappy about this.
*Read the following situation carefully. *
In a birthday party, your classmate accidentally pours a glass of red water to your white dress. As a response, you will say, ....
Expressions of annoyance that you can use to talk to your teacher, is ….
Read the following dialogue.
Leanne : I have called you for like a thousand times and ….
Don : My cell phone was in silent mode.
Leanne : But …
Don : I am sorry, I really have to go. (walking away)
Leanne : Hey, I’m still talking. I can`t stand it. You always interrupt me as if what I am saying is not important to you. Just forget it.
The expression of annoyance in the sentence above is, ….

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel