Contoh Soal Conversational Text , Formal and Informal Thanking and Gratitude

Contoh Soal Conversational Text , Formal and Informal Thanking and GratitudeThanking is a general expression around the world. By thanking, we show our gratitude and appreciation on what people do or say to us. In fact, thanking values ourselves and the person we thank to. People see that thanking indicates someone’s attitude as a well-mannered and polite person.
Study the following conversation.
Liza : “Mom, can I help you with the laundry?”
Mom :” That would be great. Thank you, sweetheart”
Liza :”It is okay Mom. I am happy to help you.”
From the conversation, what is Liza’s mother feeling? Is she happy or angry? Is she pleased or disappointed? From the expression “Thank you sweetheart”, we can see that Liza’s mother is happy and pleased because her daughter offered a help to do the laundry.
So now, you may notice how thanking explains people’s feeling and emotion. It also builds a strong relationship between people.
Shall we continue the lesson? Thank you.

When do we need to thank?

Have you ever questioned, what is the best time to thank? The answer is anytime. If there is a chance for us to thank, then it is the best time to thank. There are no boundaries in thanking. We can thank to our family, friends, and anyone else. We thank the police officer who helps us cross the street, or we thank people who give their seat in public transportation. However, we can thank for anything anytime.
Study the following conversation
Anna: “Good morning Ali, how are you today?”
Ali : “I’m fine. Thank you Anna.”
Do you know why we say “thank you” when we are asked “how are you?”? It is because we show our gratitude for being concerned. We realize that other people care about us, so they say “how are you?” and we reply “I’m fine, thank you”. It is a small thing, but it really means a lot.

How do we thank?

In English, or in most other languages, there are many different ways to say thank you or to express gratitude. Among them, some are formal and some are informal. Which one we should use depends on the situation.
Here are some basic phrases you can use when you want to express your gratitude.
“Thank you.”
“Thanks.”
“Thank you very much.”
“I appreciate it.”

“Thanks a lot!”
“Thanks a bunch!”
“That’s very kind of you.”
“Thanks for your assistance.”
“You’re so kind.”
“Thank you. I owe you one.”
“Thanks for coming.”
The following phrases are for saying thank you in formal situations:
“I am grateful (that you help me).”
“How kind you are to help me.”
“Many thanks for your assistance.”
“Thank you for your help. I really appreciate that.”
“Thank you. I am so grateful.”
“That’s thoughtful.” (It is usually used when someone gives you presents)

How do we reply thanking?

When people thank us, it is appropriate to show that we are glad to help them. We use these phrases to reply thanking. Here are some expression used in common.
“You’re welcome.”
“Don’t mention it.”
“It’s okay”
“That’s all right.”
“Not at all”
“Anytime”
“My pleasure”
“It’s nothing.”
Study the following conversation to deepen your knowledge
Mr. Alex : “Good morning Ryan, how are you today?”
Ryan : “I’m fine. Thank you, Sir”
Mr. Alex : “You’re welcome. Ryan, would you do me a favor?”
Ryan : “Sure, what is it, Sir?”
Mr. Alex : “Can you copy this module and distribute them to the students in the class?”
Ryan : ”Alright, Sir. I’ll have done by the lunch break.”
Mr. Alex : “That’s great! Thank you for your assistance.”
Ryan : “No problem at all. I’m glad that I can help, Sir”

Contoh Soal Conversational Text: Formal and Informal Thanking and Gratitude

The point of thanking is ….
Saying … is a simple way of thanking.
Gilang: This is a gift from Bali for you.
Handi: Wow, it’s very nice. ….
The correct phrase to fill in the blank is ….
Fira: I’d like to thank you for helping me yesterday.
Ruby: …
The correct phrase to fill in the blank is ….
Mira : Can you print our science group assignment?
Jihan: ….
Mira : Thank you for your help. I really appreciate that
According to Mira’s response, Jihan probably say....
Gani : “Call me if you need a help with the homework.”
Hilman : “...., I am okay though.”
The following phrases except..., are suitable to fill
in the blank
Bella: Thank you for helping me cooking.
Clara: ....
…. is what Clara supposed to say.
Clara : I think it’s going to rain. Let me lend you my umbrella.
Bella :Yes, but you don’t need to. I bring mine. … though.
.... is what Bella says, since she refuses Clara’s help.
Study the conversation to answer question number 9 and 10.
Wendy: Gosh! I forgot to send a letter.
Josie : I’m going to the post office. I can post it for you.
Wendy: Thank you. I owe you one. (9)
Josie : ….(10)
By saying “Thank you. I owe you one”, Wendy says that ....
Wendy: Gosh! I forgot to send a letter.
Josie : I’m going to the post office. I can post it for you.
Wendy: Thank you. I owe you one. (9)
Josie : ….(10)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel